Google Flights Vs Priceline Flights: Is Google Flights better than Priceline?
I have been using Google Flights and Priceline for a while now. Hence this idea to jot down a comparison between the two came up. In case you are looking for inputs before using any of these platforms, do read this post.
Table of Contents
- Google Flights Vs Priceline Flights: Is Google Flights better than Priceline?
Comparing Google Flights and Priceline
Following is a quick comparison beteen these two platforms with reference to flight booking only.
Do read details to better understand the differences.
|Feature||Google Flights||Priceline Flights|
|Easy to use||Yes||Yes|
|Ticket booking feature||No*||Yes|
Positives about Google Flights
Following are Google flights strengths:
- It is a Flight search engine, hence its reach is huge.
- It offers 7 hacks that are helpful in searching budget flight.
- The search is fast
What Google Flights lacks?
Following are few of the missing features from Google Flights:
- It does not include some budget airlines like SouthWest, Air China.
- It redirects to the vendor site for booking instead of having its own booking feature.
- It does not list error rates, which can be a big saving for customers.
What I like about Priceline Flights
Following are the positive points in Priceline Flights
- It offers Express deals that may be the cheapest for last minute bookings.
- Priceline VIP offers the cheapest rates available on Priceline, you save on time with this feature.
- Reward points can be used against bookings.
- Mobile app
What Priceline Flights lacks?
Following are few shortcomings for Priceline Flights:
- Priceline mobile app do not have all the functionalities of its web application.
- It displays ads on its web page
- Connecting to Priceline customer care is a task in itself.
While Google Flights is a flight search engine and Priceline an OTA. Both have its good and bad but for you to get cheapest flight ticket, you need to search on atleast 4 of your favourite websites/app before making a final decision.